Thursday 27 December 2007

Safari for Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all!! Great news from my old mate Ben that his wife is expecting! That really brought a smile to my face on Christmas Eve and it also reminded me how much i miss all my mates and family at this time of year. Big shout out to everyone....i miss y'all!
Still i didn't do too badly for Christmas: went on a game drive through Imfolozi Park and was lucky to see 3 to 4 leopards feasting on a kill!! Magic.. There was some debate between this hot Saffa chick in a nearby car and myself with my high-beam binoculars as to whether they were leopards or cheetahs. I was more interested in getting her number but she just insisted they were cheetahs and laughed off my advances. They were definately leopards...
We also saw a huge bull Elephant strolling through Mpila Camp and when you're on foot facing one of these badboys they really are impressive. Got some great snaps. With my friends Andy and Yvonne we stayed at Mpila in 2002 but we didn't see half as much as i have this time (AFI - 'another f****** impala'...).
After having stopped to have a braai in the park i proceeded to Durban with a few friends to have sushi, get checked out by some Japanese hookers (i declined their offer) and finish the day with a whisky at Goble Palms B&B - colonial living at its best.
Only a month to go before i depart for Oz, but i'm working New Years Eve in the meantime which is meant to be carnage! Wish me luck..

No comments: